Image Credit Kotex
What is menstruation: Menstruation or “your period” is when blood discharges from the lining of your uterus. On average, a woman will have about 500 periods in her life (between the ages of 10 to 45). Whether it’s your first period or your 100th educating yourself on Menstrual Health is a must.
Lessons on Menstruation and Hygiene
- Many women feel irritable, crampy, bloated, and fatigued while on their period
- Working out during your period, though, uncomfortable helps with cramping
- They even have Yoga For PMS.
- Eating Healthy during your period can release the pain of cramps i.e bananas, apples
- Changing your pad(3 to 6hrs) or tampon( 4 to 6 hrs) regularly during your period, may sometimes depend on your flow but change regularly to avoid infections
- The vagina has its own cleaning mechanism when on or off your period do not use/insert soap into the vagina clean the external part (around the vagina or vulva)
Menstrual Hygiene Day: http://menstrualhygieneday.org
Period Inc: http://www.periodicinc.org
Human Rights Watch: https://www.hrw.org/news/2014/05/27/dispatches-menstruation-human-rights-issue-absolutely
Additional (Articles and Blogs) Resources
UBKotex Stories and Advice: https://www.ubykotex.com/en-us/periods
The Period Blog:http://www.theperiodblog.com